Some species of spiders have spread across Australia like many other countries in the world. Among them, the White-tailed and Redback Funnel Web spiders with their nasty bites are dangerous, while the Huntsman is less harmful despite its scary appearance. Some measures are essential to keep spiders away from your home, especially if you have kids and pets. When you consider spider control, two types of spiders need attention:
- Web-Building Spiders- Redback, St.Andrews Cross and, Black House spiders
- Hunting/Running Spiders- Funnel Web, White-tailed, huntsman spiders
Know These Facts about Spiders
- It is less of a challenge to control web building spiders compared to running spiders.
- Funnel web spiders that live underground are called running spiders with reference to providing pest control solutions. This is because the male spider walks around during autumn searching for a mate.
- Given the right type of treatment combined with preventative measures, your spider problems can remain under control.
- If the garden beds are installed at a distance from the outer walls of your home, it helps to control the spider population.
- Keep the paths and areas adjacent to the exterior walls of your house free of vegetation.
- To ensure that your clothes and shoes are free of spiders and do not become hiding places, keep them off the floor.
- When you spot a spider, spray it immediately using an accessibly placed crawling insect aerosol spray and make sure that it is dead.
- Spiders build webs at a rapid pace and can breed very fast too. You should spray these webs using an effective and powerful insecticide. That takes a day or two to work well. So, do not remove the webs in a rry because spiders will have a dose of insecticide while walking over the webs. It is better to ensure that they are eliminated completely.
- It is good to spray insecticide periodically around their hiding places like windows, doors, vents, under the gutters and eaves. The treatment lasts longer in these places as they are shielded from the ra and the sun. Spraying these areas at regular intervals prevents these dangerous pests from multiplying in your home and infesting various areas.
- Spiders spin their webs overnight. You may notice a web in the morning suddenly where there was none the previous night. The best way to prevent spiders from using your home as their home is to be alert to their web-spinning activities and take effective steps to dislodge them immediately.
When you get some preventive spider control done for web-building spiders or any other insects, it also goes a long way in reducing the chances of running spiders coming into your home. This is because they don't find any prey around and are compelled to move to greener pastures. For more information or to get a free quote via this online form or give us a call at this number- 1300 860 465. We look forward to working on your next pest control job!