Pest infestations can be extremely detrimental in several different ways. Depending on which pests have infested your property, they can cause damage and create unhygienic and potentially harmful conditions on your premises.
If you have noticed the incidence of pests on your premises, you must call a reliable and experienced pest control company to tackle the problem. While it is never okay to have any pest infestation, some of these critters are more harmful than others. Rats are particularly destructive.
Not only will they damage various installations and features, but they can also carry diseases and contaminate food in your home. As a company that has been operating in this industry for numerous years, we at Inner West Exterminators have the experience and expertise to handle all types of pest problems on commercial and residential properties.
The Harm That a Rat Infestation Causes
As mentioned earlier, rats can be particularly harmful in many ways. Let's take a detailed look at what these are:
- Rats feed on anything and everything that they can find on your property and also leave their droppings behind in various areas. Rat faeces are very hazardous. When human beings inhale the air around it or come into contact with it, they can contract diseases such as eosinophilia meningitis, hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, murine, typhus, and leptospirosis.
- Rat bites are also extremely dangerous not just humans but to pets as well. The streptobacillus moniliformis bacteria can be transmitted through rat bites and causes health complications.
- If any dead rats are lying in hidden areas on your property, worms start breeding in them. The infection can spread to humans and cause a brain condition called eosinophilic meningitis.
- Another common problem that people have to deal with when they have a rat infestation are fleas. These insects also feed on dead rats and spread these diseases to humans. This makes it necessary to get rid of rats and the droppings as soon as you notice them.
- Timely rat control is essential. As a professional pest control company, we know precisely how crucial it is to identify rat infestations on time and call experts to tackle it.
Preventive Pest Control Services
Another right way to deal with this problem is to avoid the infestation in the first place. This is where preventive pest control services come into the picture.
As part of the services, professional pest control experts will come in at specific intervals during the year and inspect every indoor and outdoor spot on your property. Not only do they check for signs of rats but also other pests such as cockroaches, termites, ants, bed bugs etc. This comprehensive inspection and timely pest control solutions go a long way in preventing the spread of pests.
For any more information, feel free to call Inner West Exterminators a call at this number- 1300 860 465. You can also get a free quote via this online form.