Bed bugs are tiny creatures that have found a stronghold across the globe. They are flightless but can hop into luggage or even on humans and travel long distances to infest some other place. They are found in homes, offices, hotel rooms, and also on planes and trains, which means it can be effortless for someone to unknowingly bring these critters into their homes or commercial establishments.
We at Inner West Exterminators know from experience that most property owners struggle a lot to get rid of bed bugs from their properties once this infestation has spread to various areas.
Why it's so difficult to get rid of bed bugs
There are many reasons why it is difficult to get rid of a bed bug infestation such as:
- Bed bugs are incredibly tiny, which also means that they can crawl into the smallest of crevices and gaps in various areas of your home. It doesn't take long for them to infest different spaces, and they start breeding at a steady pace. These infestations can crop up in upholstered furniture, night stands, crevices in walls and furniture joints, bed springs, mattresses, even behind photo frames, etc.
- As long as they get easy access to human blood, which is their food, they will not leave that area. The fact is that bed bugs can also live without food for several months or even up to a year. It means that if you go out on an extended vacation or even move into a home that has been vacant for a very long time, the bed bugs may already exist in that space.
- Another reason why the infestation spreads without many people realising that they have bed bugs and their homes is that these creatures come out only at night and are barely visible. Some people do get rashes from bed bug bites. But since they cannot see the critters themselves, they may not be aware that bedbugs are the cause of it.
- Like many other pests, bed bugs also develop a significant resistance to commonly used commercial pesticides. These creatures can survive even after you have used over-the-counter pest control products.
- Since bed bugs hide in various small spaces, many don't get impacted by the sprays at all. Unless the spray touches the body, it does not kill them. Also, bed bug larvae and eggs do not die during the pest control treatment. The next generation of bed bugs survives, and it takes multiple treatments to get rid of the entire infestation.
If you have noticed the existence of bedbugs on your property, call us without delay, and we will send out expert professionals to treat the areas and help you get rid of the infestation. For any more information, feel free to call Inner West Exterminators a call at this number- 1300 860 465. You can also get a free quote via this online form. We handle all types of pest control for commercial and residential clients.