Once pests find their way on to your property and start to breed in various areas, it can be very tough to eliminate them. Cockroaches, rodents, bed bugs, spiders etc. breed quite rapidly. If you hadn't noticed when the infestation started and dealt with it immediately, you might have a massive job on your hands. Some pests are very silent, and you wouldn't notice their presence very quickly.
Many pests like termites and rodents cause significant damage to your property as well, which can prove to be expensive to fix. Creatures such as bed bugs can also breathe in various areas of your home and give you sleepless nights. It's why we at Inner West Exterminators recommend that property owners call us without delay as soon as they notice a pest infestation on their property.
As a pest control company that has vast industry experience, we know precisely how to handle various jobs to 100% satisfaction of our clients. We can handle pest control for all types of infestations. Some of these may require a single treatment, while others such as termites, bed bugs etc. may need multiple visits.
Steps You Should Take
We use very effective measures in getting rid of pests on our clients' properties, but there are certain things you can do to prevent pest infestations. Let's take a look at what these are:
- Pests always find their way indoors in search of food and shelter. If they find this on any property, they will start to nest and breed there. This is why it is best to prevent them from entering your home in the first place. In order to do this, seal all gaps and cracks in the foundation and other areas of your home. Make sure that the door frames and window frames are properly sealed.
- Do not leave any open and unsealed food packets lying around, as these can attract pests. It's also best to keep all cereal boxes etc. in cabinets where pets can't get to them. If there are any rats or rodents on your property, they will gnaw through these boxes even if you haven't open them. It's best to keep all food products off the kitchen counter and in cabinets at all times.
- If you have to keep any food on the counter, make sure it is in airtight tamper-proof containers.
- In case you have pets in your home, do not leave open pet food bowls lying around anywhere. Once your pet has eaten, remove the bowl so that the food does not become an attraction point for pests.
- Dispose of all empty packages away from the property
- Always clean your kitchen counters & the floor. Make sure no food scraps are lying around at the end of the day. Even the smallest food crumbs and liquid spills can attract ants and other bugs.
Following these steps can help you prevent pest infestations to a certain degree. For everything else, we are here to help you and keep your property pest-free.
For any more information, feel free to call Inner West Exterminators a call at this number- 1300 860 465. You can also get a free quote via this online form. We handle all types of pest control for commercial and residential clients.