Not many people realise that flea infestations are quite a common occurrence in residential properties. Those who have pets are quite wary about these pests, and they check their pets regularly for fleas. Sometimes, Homes without any pets also get impacted with flea infestations.
For example, if you purchase a home that used to have pets, there may already be a flea infestation on the property when you move in. Aside from domesticated animals, fleas also exist in areas where there is a mice or rat infestation. Fleas are parasites which means it is essential that you get rid of the infestation without delay. They bite not just pets but humans as well.
While these bites are not painful, they can be quite itchy and leave behind a rash. Some people are also more sensitive, and they develop allergies to flea saliva. Since these creatures are very tiny, most people do not realise they have an infestation until it gets out of hand. We at Inner West Exterminators offer customised flea control solutions to clients across the region. We are very systematic in our approach and make sure that these pests are eliminated from your property.
Signs of A Flea Infestation
Like any other infestation, it is always essential to tackle the problem before it gets out of hand. It also means that you need to know that there is an infestation in your home. These are some of the signs you should be looking out for:
- You noticed fleas crawling on your pet's coat
- Your pet's skin has fine black droppings/flea faeces in various areas
- You see the same on carpets and rugs as well
Other Things to Do
If you have noticed any of the signs, you must call in experts without delay. However, there are some things that you can do as well to deal with this issue:
- Vacuum every single area of the carpet, furnishings as well as any upholstered furniture, curtains, and floorboard cracks very carefully. The adult fleas get sucked up into the vacuum as do the larvae and eggs
- Make sure that you empty the vacuum cleaner bag away from your home as the fleas would still be alive
- Groom your pets regularly and clean their beds without fail each week
- As mentioned earlier, Mice and rodent infestations can also result in a flea infestation. A company that provides flea control would also be able to handle rodent pest control for you. You can discuss your requirements with them, and they will provide you with the services you need
High-Quality Pest Control
A credible company will always make sure they inspect the entire area and check for other infestations as well. They will use high-grade effective pest control products in the work to make sure that the fleas are eliminated from your property. Depending on the severity of the infestation, the pest control company will advise you whether any follow-up services would be needed.
For any more information, feel free to call Inner West Exterminators a call at this number- 1300 860 465. You can also get a free quote via this online form.